To present at this conference, you need to be a member of CEA.
Registration opened on January 15, 2018. Fees are as follows:
Early bird full-time rate $100.00 ($150 after Feb. 28)
Early bird part-time/retired $90.00 ($140 after Feb. 28)
Early bird graduate student $65.00 ($115.00 after Feb. 28)
Want to make hotel reservations?
Want to book a shuttle?
April 5-April 7, 2018 | Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront
333 1st St South, Saint Petersburg, Florida 33701 | Phone: (727) 894-5000
And you O my soul where you stand,
Surrounded, detached, in measureless oceans of space,
Ceaselessly musing, venturing, throwing, seeking the spheres to connect them,
Till the bridge you will need be form’d . . .
The Sunshine Skyway Bridge crosses Tampa Bay from St. Petersburg, called the Sunshine City in honor of its Guinness Record for most consecutive days of sunshine (768). St. Petersburg is home to historic neighborhoods, distinguished museums, contemporary galleries, and a wide variety of dining, entertainment and shopping venues.
St. Petersburg is also home to the College English Association’s 2018 national conference, where we invite you to join us at our annual meeting to explore the many bridges that connect places, texts, communities, words, and ideas.
Connect with CEA
- via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- via Facebook: www. Facebook.com/College EnglishAssociation
- via Twitter: twitter.com/CEAtweet
Have Questions or Comments?
For matters related to the conference theme and program, contact Carolyn Kyler at email@example.com. Please put “Program Chair” in the Subject line.
For general conference information, contact Juliet Emanuel, CEA Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Executive Director" in subject line.
For matters relating to payment and registration, contact Scott Borders, CEA Treasurer and Associate Director at email@example.com. Please put "Treasurer" in the subject line.
Important Additional Information
- A-V equipment and any form of special accommodation must be requested at the time of proposal submission. CEA can provide DVD players, overhead projectors, data projectors, and CD/cassette players, but not computers or Internet access. If you have attended CEA before and are willing to serve as a session moderator for a panel other than your own, please indicate so on your submission.
- If you are submitting a pre-formed panel with multiple participants, kindly create a user ID for each proposed participant.
- To preserve time for discussion, CEA limits all presentations to 15 minutes.
- No person may make more than one presentation at the conference.
- Presentations must be made in person at the conference venue. Neither proxy nor “virtual” (skyping, etc.) presentations are permitted.
- Papers must be presented in English.
- CEA is unable to sponsor or fund travel or underwrite participant costs.
A Special Invitation to Graduate Students
Graduate students are encouraged to submit their conference presentation for the CEA Outstanding Graduate Student Paper Award, which carries a small prize. Information on how to submit that paper will be sent to accepted panelists after the membership deadline. Those who wish to participate are asked to identify themselves as graduate students in their proposals to facilitate the award process.
Join the College English Association
All presenters must join CEA by the first of January 2018 to appear on the program. To join or to find out more information about the organization and conference, please see the CEA website at www.cea-web.org.