CEA 2020: Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Conference Theme: Tides
51st Annual Conference | March 26-28
Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa
The 2020 conference will be held at the Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa.
Address: One Hotel Circle, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
Use this link for the special CEA room rate that starts at $150.00. If you call the hotel directly, make sure you mention you are with CEA to qualify for the rate (please do note that the hotel has agreed to waive an additional $25.00 per day resort fee, so disregard any mention of that fee).
While some may fly into Hilton Head, others may fly into Savannah, 30 miles away. There are no shuttles from either airport. Options for ground transportation are as follows:
Uber or Lyft – Savannah Airport to Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa (estimated cost - $50 - $65 one way)
Uber or Lyft -- Hilton Head Airport to Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa (estimated cost - $13 - $20 one way)
Savannah Airport to Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa: Diamond Transportation – 843.247.2156; Yellow Cab Transportation – 843.686.6666
Hilton Head Airport to Marriott Resort and Spa: Diamond Transportation – 843.247.2156; Yellow Cab Transportation – 843.686.6666
Please note – All ground transportation is to be scheduled by the registrant. CEA is NOT responsible for scheduling and/or coordinating ground transport for registrants.
Additional Reminders for Conference Presenters:
CEA equips each room with a data projector and adapter for your laptop. CEA does not provide computers/laptops and does not provide Internet access. Therefore, there will be no access to the Internet in the rooms.
- Any form of special accommodation must have been requested at the time of proposal submission.
- To preserve time for discussion, CEA limits all presentations to 15 minutes.
- No person may make more than one presentation at the conference.
- Presentations must be made in person at the conference venue. Neither proxy nor “virtual” (Skyping, etc.) presentations are permitted.
- Papers must be presented in English.
- CEA is unable to sponsor or fund travel or underwrite participant costs.
A Special Invitation to Graduate Students
Graduate students are encouraged to submit their conference presentation for the CEA Outstanding Graduate Student Paper Award, which carries a small prize. Submissions will be solicited via email in January of 2020.
Join the College English Association
All presenters must join CEA to be eligible to present and to appear on the program. To join or to find out more information about the organization and conference, please see the CEA website.
Connect with CEA
- via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- via Facebook: facebook.com/CollegeEnglishAssociation
- via Twitter: twitter.com/CEAtweet
Please contact Lee Anna Maynard at email@example.com (please put “Program Chair” in the Subject line).